ads

samedi 12 septembre 2015

Returning to stock from ARHD 43.0



*sigh* Well. After two days and hours upon hours of searching, I'm giving up and asking for help directly.
==
Device info:
HTC One M8
Firmware: 4.16.401.10
CID: CWS__001
MID: 0P6B12000
S-On
Recovery: TWRP
ROM: Android Revolution HD 43.0
==
I flashed the ARHD ROM and a few months later I was completely unable to receive calls. I could use my mobile data, SMS and MMS, and send calls just fine, but I couldn't receive them; all calls went straight to voicemail. I looked up the issue and from what I can tell it is a common issue with some devices, including the M8, with Android Revolution. Instead of finding another custom ROM and hoping for the best, I just decided to go back to stock.

Except going back to stock has been the most hellish issue I've ever had to accomplish.

Because I'm still S-On and don't have the to spare to buy Sunshine, my first step was to just use a TWRP Nandroid to restore my phone back to stock, except I don't have one myself and every link to download one matching my phone's information provides a broken link.

So then I moved to using a RUU. . . For my firmware, model, and CID, I cannot find a RUU.exe (aka a wizard to just guide me through the issue); they're all .zip files. Because I'm S-On, I can't use fastboot to flash a rom, so I've been having to relock my bootloader, rename the file to 0P6BIMG.zip, put it on a microSD card, and having HBOOT install it. But then I get "Model Number invalid!"

Since the .zip is encrypted, I can't access the android-info.txt inside, but using WinRAR to rebuild the the .zip, essentially removing the encryption and HTC signature, the android-info.txt shows MID: 0P6B10000 (mine's 0P6B12000) and no CID in the list matching mine. These RUU.zips all advertised they were for my model, but apparently not. And I can't change the information in the android-info.txt because, as I said, the RUU.zip is encrypted and won't allow any changes.

I can easily unlock my bootloader again and use TWRP or just return to my ARHD home screen. But do I have any other options to return to stock ROM without having to buy Sunshine and achieve S-Off? I really, really want to prevent that.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire