ads

mardi 22 septembre 2015

Unfixable broken camera and latest updates from ASUS caused more problems than fixes.



I'm running stock rooted 5.0 on the ASUS_Z008D model of the zenphone 2.

This was originally my girlfriends phone, and she used it about 2 months before I started using it. At the end of those months before I took it, the camera completely stopped working. I looked up the few ways to fix it on google but none of the fixes I found worked. I think it's a hardware problem, but I have no idea truthfully. It always says it's running under another app. I have tried disabling and reenabling it, but nope. Nothing.

That isn't as important as the updates caused. I'm stock rooted, but I've had no problems at all updating the OTA updates ASUS sent out. After the latest one a few weeks ago, the phone finally started having problems that annoy me. Often at times, I send or get sent messages from other people, but the phone never receives or sends them. I've tested this using my siblings or freinds' phones right next to me, textng myself, and I never receive them at all. No delays, just never receive them.

Next, the update caused the phone to have a bunch of random reboots, and constant signal deaths. The phone will constantly completely lose signal, and take a few seconds, maybe a minute or two to reconnect. This usually comes with one to three reboots everyday.

Anyone else experience this or am I alone here? I'm thankful for this phone being awesome for budget price, and the fact it's not mine. (I'll be upgrading to the N 5X on release) But I still wanna know if I can fix this phone to save as a backup.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire