Hi, I am running Cyanogenmod 11.0-InstallerXNPQ32P on Android version 4.4.4 on a Samsung Galaxy S4.
I stupidly removed the dialer app and various others that I didn't think I needed (calendar etc) using the System Uninstaller (Root) app which I got from the Google Play Store. I didn't think I needed the stock dialer app as I use another dialer version which I downloaded from Google Play Store. I now know this was wrong!
Now, whenever someone calls me, the screen illuminates (showing my home page) and the phone vibrates as if it is notifying me of the call. However, I am not informed who is actually calling me and I am not given the option to answer or reject the call etc.
When I open the dialer that I use (True Phone) I can dial a number or call a contact etc as I normally would. However, instead of taking me to the screen to hang up, access the dial pad etc it stays on the True Phone page. I therefore cannot hang up the call. So if the person I am trying to call doesn't answer or the call goes to their answer machine I cannot hang up without selecting airplane mode or restarting the phone.
When removing the apps I thought I would be reasonably safe as the app I used to remove them (System Uninstaller (Root)) from the Google play store states that the 'deleted' apps would remain in its recycle bin and could be restored at any time. Maybe I should have known better. When I press on the recycle bin button within the app it says there are no removed apps - even though there are. If I navigate to the recycle bin folder using ES File Explorer I can see all of the backups of the apps that have been removed. But, annoyingly, the app will not recognise the backups - even though it made them itself! The backups are .conf.backup format.
I have emailed the app developer numerous times asking for help but he/she is ignoring me.
I have been researching how to get the dialer app back etc but have now discovered there is also a problem with part of my system. While I can install apps from the Google Play Store, trying to install any other apk file leaves me with the message, "Unfortunately, Package Installer has stopped."
If I go to Settings/Apps/All and select Package Installer I get, "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped" and it kicks me back out to the main Settings page.
I would be extremely grateful if someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction as to how to fix these problems and get my phone back working as it was. I know I have been stupid in removing the dialer in the first place.
Unfortunately I am not really that great when it comes to the various mods and will require layman's terms if possible... Sorry
Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Forums
I stupidly removed the dialer app and various others that I didn't think I needed (calendar etc) using the System Uninstaller (Root) app which I got from the Google Play Store. I didn't think I needed the stock dialer app as I use another dialer version which I downloaded from Google Play Store. I now know this was wrong!
Now, whenever someone calls me, the screen illuminates (showing my home page) and the phone vibrates as if it is notifying me of the call. However, I am not informed who is actually calling me and I am not given the option to answer or reject the call etc.
When I open the dialer that I use (True Phone) I can dial a number or call a contact etc as I normally would. However, instead of taking me to the screen to hang up, access the dial pad etc it stays on the True Phone page. I therefore cannot hang up the call. So if the person I am trying to call doesn't answer or the call goes to their answer machine I cannot hang up without selecting airplane mode or restarting the phone.
When removing the apps I thought I would be reasonably safe as the app I used to remove them (System Uninstaller (Root)) from the Google play store states that the 'deleted' apps would remain in its recycle bin and could be restored at any time. Maybe I should have known better. When I press on the recycle bin button within the app it says there are no removed apps - even though there are. If I navigate to the recycle bin folder using ES File Explorer I can see all of the backups of the apps that have been removed. But, annoyingly, the app will not recognise the backups - even though it made them itself! The backups are .conf.backup format.
I have emailed the app developer numerous times asking for help but he/she is ignoring me.
I have been researching how to get the dialer app back etc but have now discovered there is also a problem with part of my system. While I can install apps from the Google Play Store, trying to install any other apk file leaves me with the message, "Unfortunately, Package Installer has stopped."
If I go to Settings/Apps/All and select Package Installer I get, "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped" and it kicks me back out to the main Settings page.
I would be extremely grateful if someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction as to how to fix these problems and get my phone back working as it was. I know I have been stupid in removing the dialer in the first place.
Unfortunately I am not really that great when it comes to the various mods and will require layman's terms if possible... Sorry
Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Forums
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire