Since Verizon model is locked down tight and there's no working root, here's some tips to disable some stubborn apps. These tips are especially for people who's using this phone on GSM network.
All these commands are performed in adb shell. (Your device should be in developer mode, and type "adb shell")
Starting with enabling GSM mode (put your phone in airplane mode first, then reboot and turn off airplane mode after typing these in):
I know this is nothing new, but I thought it would be good to put it in one place since I'm talking about adb commands for this particular Verizon model Moto E.
Now, here's the other things to do to disable crap stuff that you can't normally do unless rooted:
This will disable that pesky "Not Verizon SIM inserted message" on every reboot. Also, it'll hide some other junk as well. You can unhide them by using command "pm show".
To see what packages you have, use command "pm list packages".
I wish we had root for this device, but it's okay. I can live without it. It's only a device.
I also tried Kingroot, don't use it. It'll randomly root for maybe couple minutes at a time and then you lose root and you have to reboot again just to attempt root again. You can't remove system apps even though it shows you have root, so it's not worth messing with it.
All these commands are performed in adb shell. (Your device should be in developer mode, and type "adb shell")
Starting with enabling GSM mode (put your phone in airplane mode first, then reboot and turn off airplane mode after typing these in):
Code:
settings put global preferred_network_mode 9
settings put global preferred_network_mode1 9
settings put global preferred_network_mode2 9Now, here's the other things to do to disable crap stuff that you can't normally do unless rooted:
Code:
pm hide com.motorola.setupwizard.phoneservice
pm hide com.motorola.setupwizard.devicesetup
pm hide com.motorola.setupwizard.controller
pm hide com.motorola.vzw.settings.extensions
pm hide com.vznavigator.Generic
pm hide com.android.cellbroadcastreceiver
pm hide com.fusionone.android.sync.vzbuaclientTo see what packages you have, use command "pm list packages".
I wish we had root for this device, but it's okay. I can live without it. It's only a device.
I also tried Kingroot, don't use it. It'll randomly root for maybe couple minutes at a time and then you lose root and you have to reboot again just to attempt root again. You can't remove system apps even though it shows you have root, so it's not worth messing with it.
Thank you! This got rid of the annoying "No SIM Found" message.
RépondreSupprimer