ads

mercredi 16 septembre 2015

[XT1056]Unlocking/Rooting can break your CDMA (Calls and texts)!



I've had a XT1056 (Sprint) for almost 2 years and I rooted it about one year ago. Everything was swell until a few weeks ago, when I started getting data (LTE) but the signal indicator said "No Service" where it should have said "Sprint." I could browse the web but calling resulted in "Mobile Network Not Connected" and texts just wouldn't come in or go out. Thinking the SIM was corrupted, I went into a Sprint store and they exchanged it for free right there, but alas! The issue evaded my solution! They had a technician look at it (after a trip home to unroot and relock the bootloader so they'd actually try to plug it in) and he had it working for about 30 seconds before it broke again. Apparently (according to the Sprint internal forums) other XT1056 users had the same issue after unlocking the bootloader with no solution found. I just ordered a replacement device for that'll be here next week to tide me over until the contract expires.

After a total data wipe/reset I'll post images, NAND, whatever if somebody can point me to a guide. Then maybe we can compare files and figure out what happened.

TL;DR Unlocking + some unknown trigger = unfixable lack of calling and texting.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire