ads

mardi 15 septembre 2015

Tricky - Japanese S5 (SCL23)



Hey guys!

Recently came home from Japan and since I bought a Galaxy S5 there with the operator AU, supposedly a SM-G900J but having the model name SCL23 there, and would like to use it here in Sweden.
I started off with downloading Odin and flashing the oldest firmware I could find for the phone at Sammobile. I then used this guide here: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f777...guide-1886172/ and actually managed to unlock my phone. Seems to be working fine making calls and using LTE. Although from that I can digest the hack seem to be tricking the phone that it is roaming. Since I could not enter the Network menu at all with my Swedish SIM inserted it is quite useful anyway.

It kinda sucks being stuck at the oldest firmware though, and I believe flashing to original operator Lollipop 5.0 will remove the unlock hack. Will try in a little bit.
Anyway, I don't care about warranty or anthing so my phone can become Knox 0x1 for all I care. So, can I root it with towelroot and try to flash any custom ROM on it? Or will this brick the phone since it is some kind of special Japanese version? And will a custom ROM be operator unlocked?

Thanks!



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire