ads

mercredi 9 septembre 2015

SGH-i317M Rogers Canada ; failed to mount /system[cache/data/..] (No such file or ..)



Hi,

I got a phone from my friend to be fixed as it was just not booting up. The initial boot up screen was coming and going: "Samsung Galaxy Note II".
The phone is from Rogers Canada (unlocked) and the Model is SGH-i317M (Samsung Galaxy Note II)

I tried different things but it is stuck at "E: failed to mount /cache (No such file or directory)" errors. I'm not sure if the error is due to some corrupted memory modules (or) due to some software issue. Also I'm not sure if the issue was caused by me (or) was there from before.

What I've tried is:
1) putting the TWRP (twrp-2.8.7.0-t0ltecan.img) and doing a complete wipe. Tried to install the ROMs but was not possible.
2) Tried to flash stock ROM (I317MVLUDNF3_I317MOYADNF3_RWC.zip) via ODIN ...says PASS! but phone is in the same state.
3) Tried to flash the stock ROM and "Re-partition" using the compatible PIT file found in one of the XDA threads: (i317-i317m-pit-files.zip : i317m.pit) via ODIN...says PASS! but the phone is in the same state.
...also did the (a) wipe data/factory reset (b) wipe cache partition ...during which the same errors { E: failed to mount } are thrown.

I'm not sure what the previous version of Android was on the Note II (or) any other information. I tried to flash it to the latest versions available for that model. From what I read at androidayos /samsung-galaxy-note-2-stock-firmware it says we should flash to the exact same stock firmware otherwise it won't work due to 'secured bootloader'. Should I try flashing now to lower versions of stock ROM and see something works?

Sorry can't post the image of the error but I try to type it out here:
--
Android system recovery <3e>
KOT49H.I317MVLUDNF3

Volume up/down to move highlight;
power button to select.


reboot system now
apply update from ADM
apply update from external storage
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
apply update from cache


E: failed to mount /cache (No such file or directory)
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_recovery
E: failed to mount /data (No such file or directory)
.....

--

Thanks a lot your help.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire