I just received my Nexus 6 that I bought from Best Buy yesterday and have got it activated today.
I really want to root and try flashing my first rom. I have been reading thread after thread trying to learn and understand what it takes to root a Nexus 6, flash a rom, and what the proper way to do it is. Spent at least 5 hours reading threads and I have been so confused as to what to do.
First, I have read that you should do the ADB way to unlock, root, flash etc. (Nexus 6 all in one Beginners Guide) because using a toolkit will make flashing roms more trouble than its worth.
Next, I have read repeatedly that the method used when the Nexus 6 first came out is still a valid and perfectly fine way to unlock, root, flash, etc , but then I have found in another thread that in order to root it you will need to flash a custom kernal of some sort so i'm unsure what I need to do.
The Nexus 6 All-in-One Beginners Guide seems pretty straightforward and easy, however this is my first time flashing anything and rooting a Nexus device so i'm unsure what I should trust.
Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help give this newbie some advice.
Any help is appreciated, I am just frustrated with trying to find a current method of unlocking, rooting, flashing, etc because nearly every thread I have read is dated back to when the device first came out and I usually am able to learn visually very easily but many videos for the N6 on youtube are from when the N6 came out, dating back 6-9 months ago.
So again, any help would be greatly appreciated because I am getting a bit frustrated with sorting out all the information and learning what I can trust so I don't damage my phone beyond repair.
Thank you again for reading and giving advice if you choose to and I apologize if this sounded like a rant. I just really need some help understanding what to do. Thank you.
If anyone is able to clear up my confusion on the issues I brought up, thank you.
I really want to root and try flashing my first rom. I have been reading thread after thread trying to learn and understand what it takes to root a Nexus 6, flash a rom, and what the proper way to do it is. Spent at least 5 hours reading threads and I have been so confused as to what to do.
First, I have read that you should do the ADB way to unlock, root, flash etc. (Nexus 6 all in one Beginners Guide) because using a toolkit will make flashing roms more trouble than its worth.
Next, I have read repeatedly that the method used when the Nexus 6 first came out is still a valid and perfectly fine way to unlock, root, flash, etc , but then I have found in another thread that in order to root it you will need to flash a custom kernal of some sort so i'm unsure what I need to do.
The Nexus 6 All-in-One Beginners Guide seems pretty straightforward and easy, however this is my first time flashing anything and rooting a Nexus device so i'm unsure what I should trust.
Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help give this newbie some advice.
Any help is appreciated, I am just frustrated with trying to find a current method of unlocking, rooting, flashing, etc because nearly every thread I have read is dated back to when the device first came out and I usually am able to learn visually very easily but many videos for the N6 on youtube are from when the N6 came out, dating back 6-9 months ago.
So again, any help would be greatly appreciated because I am getting a bit frustrated with sorting out all the information and learning what I can trust so I don't damage my phone beyond repair.
Thank you again for reading and giving advice if you choose to and I apologize if this sounded like a rant. I just really need some help understanding what to do. Thank you.
If anyone is able to clear up my confusion on the issues I brought up, thank you.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire