ads

samedi 12 septembre 2015

Not quite soft brick - Still need assistance



Alright, so I did a bit of a stupid thing and I acknowledge it. Anyway, here's my steps for what I did:

1). KingRooted the phone, SuperSUme'd to remove KingRoot's stuff
2). Flashed a deodexed ROM through FlashFire for OF1 using a how to list to upgrade and keep root(This is where I think I went wrong, I should have stuck with OC1 to begin with but I was curious :P), the flash was successful
3). Because one of my apps(Greenify) requires the Xposed framework for many of the useful settings, I tried flashing a version of the framework designed for non-MDK bootloaders(Arter97's unofficial TouchWiz) through FlashFire, since it seems to be the only way to flash custom stuff on 5.0+ stuff at the moment
4). After this(Just like when I tried Arter's framework with regular OC1), my phone's Google apps started their mass crashing and force closing, which I tried to combat with factory resets but no dice

Unlike before, however, something along the line in my steps disabled the ability to go to stock recovery mode(I think it was KingRoot itself but it might have been the deodexed ROM) and after a bit I couldn't factory reset. Before, I was able to simply Odin flash the stock OC1 ROM. Now, however, Odin won't work either to restore the firmware. I always get the "fail" messages(This I'm not sure why, though it happens with both OC1 and OF1 ROMs so I don't think it's a matter of downgrading). This leaves me with very few options to recover from, especially because I've even tried Verizon's repair program(Stops at 83% and disconnects) and Kies' emergency recovery(Phone isn't recognized and upon manual recovery the result is the same).

The biggest thing that grinds my gears is that my phone isn't even bricked...technically. It started, it went to the Setup Wizard, but then the Setup Wizard crashed once the Gmail portion of the setup was supposed to start in an infinite loop....a "setup loop" rather than a boot loop. I have been working for hours to try and find a solution but so far nothing is working. My phone only starts to the "Software update failed, please use the Verizon Repair etc." message now but no program can recognize it.

Is this a form of hard-bricking? Just not having any method of recovery work even if it turns on? I will admit I'm not the most advanced user but I've been flashing ROMs and custom stuff(Using guides and the like, I'm not fluent enough to go freestyle) for years through a couple of different phones so I'm not a completely new user either. This is the most FUBAR'd I've gotten a phone so far though and I honestly can't afford a new one...that's why I'm going through all the paces I possibly can. Is there any possible way to salvage this? I've been wanting to go to the LG G3 anyway(Despite the G4 being out, the G3's cheaper and still good) but right now it's just not possible. Any suggestions?



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire