ads

mardi 8 septembre 2015

Nexus 5 stuck on 'formatting /data' screen after factory image flashing



Sorry for the long post. I just want to ensure I am providing all relevant history.

I have a Nexus 5 (Hammerhead) 32gb device, stock with no rooting. I mean, I had never done anything special on it ever.
1. Recently I started getting Google Play Store related problems, first 194 error and then couple of days back 495 (I think). After trying switching on/off, clearing cache and some other similar ways to fix this, I decided to do a factory reset :crying:
2. I backed up all my data, and followed the documented steps for factory reset. The phone got stuck on 'erasing'. After waiting for over 24 hours, I finally figured out that this 'erasing' is not going to complete, ever.
3. So I again did some research and figured that I should do a fastboot recovery. Tried that with no difference. Recovery again took me to 'erasing' screen.
4. Some more research and then I decided to flash a factory image using ADB. I was (and still am) a complete newbie, so first I figured out what was ADB and how to get to it. After completing the installation, I found out Nexus 5 factory images. There was no mention of which ones to chose, so I just picked up the latest one.
This is what I really followed:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...image-t2513701
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRp5jJO34PE

5. Having learnt my lessons, I read the flashing instructions many times and also watched some videos 3-4 times. Once I was confident that no more information was going to be had, and the phone was unlocked (fastboot oem unlock) I went ahead with the flashing. I did it step by step - bootloader, radio and they recovery image. The last one failed.
6. I did some more research and found a method which told me to unzip the last image and flash the component images one by one. I did. Success! However, the phone did not reboot by itself as the guide said it would. So I tried to boot it manually.
7. I did not get the dead android with red exclamation mark. Instead, I got an alive android with gears whirring on its tummy and back. Pressing power + vol-up button told me that this was the 'formatting /data' screen. I am unable to get past this screen. I am supposed to get to a screen where I can wipe data and cache etc. But I cannot get to it.
8. I have tried to wait it out (16 hours) and tried flashing the images again. Ultimately, I end up here.
9. I am unable to find any answers on what to do if stuck on this screen. So this is the end? Is my phone bricked? Is there anything else I can try? Will trying TWRP way help or is that just another way to same failure?

I would appreciate if there is anybody out there who can help me get my phone working again, or point me to a thread which helps me do it. Thanks!



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire