tldr;
So Optimal solution would be to get Gapps working on Stock 13.3.0.5, and from there I'll install and android launcher. But to do this, the Xposed problem will need to be fixed.
Has anyone else had a problem with Xposed where every menu leads to just a blank white screen?
Not-so-optimal would be to do all the upgrading, OTA blocking, flashing, and backing up to get it on like CM11 or something.
Hey all,
I just made my XDA account, I've been kinda lurking on the forums for a little while though.
I won a Kindle Fire HDX 7" (idk What gen or how to determine what gen it is. Its got 2gb RAM and 32gb Internal) that says its running 13.3.0.5 and so I decided to do a little research about custom roms and rooting and found this wonderful forum. I've had a bit of experience with custom roms, I loaded CM9 onto an LG Thrive (look that one up, its a bit of a pain to flash as well) And I'd love to see about flashing this brand new FHDX.
Now, I didn't purchase this tablet, so it is of no expense to me, however, I would rather not be reckless in my attempts to mess with it.
What I want:
Google Apps -- Play/Music/Gmail/Calendar/etc
Root
Android JB or KK OS or Android-like Launcher or Ubuntu Touch (idk about this one, it seems really cool, I've heard about it for a long time and never got the chance to play with it)
I'd love to stay away from bricks, but I'm not afraid of them enough to not flash it. I'm a computer engineer and kinda have some experience with android and flashing.
Now, as to my progress so far:
I've rooted it with towelroot and installed ES FileManager, SuperSU, and I've tried to install Xposed/HDXposed multiple times but it simply will not work correctly. Xposed gives me a white screen when I go into any of the menus and doesn't allow me to install after clicking "Framework". I've tried many different renditions of Gapps packages, but almost all of them result in a process failing or stopping.
Thanks and if you need more information or I've left something out, feel free to ask away!
b1nary
So Optimal solution would be to get Gapps working on Stock 13.3.0.5, and from there I'll install and android launcher. But to do this, the Xposed problem will need to be fixed.
Has anyone else had a problem with Xposed where every menu leads to just a blank white screen?
Not-so-optimal would be to do all the upgrading, OTA blocking, flashing, and backing up to get it on like CM11 or something.
Hey all,
I just made my XDA account, I've been kinda lurking on the forums for a little while though.
I won a Kindle Fire HDX 7" (idk What gen or how to determine what gen it is. Its got 2gb RAM and 32gb Internal) that says its running 13.3.0.5 and so I decided to do a little research about custom roms and rooting and found this wonderful forum. I've had a bit of experience with custom roms, I loaded CM9 onto an LG Thrive (look that one up, its a bit of a pain to flash as well) And I'd love to see about flashing this brand new FHDX.
Now, I didn't purchase this tablet, so it is of no expense to me, however, I would rather not be reckless in my attempts to mess with it.
What I want:
Google Apps -- Play/Music/Gmail/Calendar/etc
Root
Android JB or KK OS or Android-like Launcher or Ubuntu Touch (idk about this one, it seems really cool, I've heard about it for a long time and never got the chance to play with it)
I'd love to stay away from bricks, but I'm not afraid of them enough to not flash it. I'm a computer engineer and kinda have some experience with android and flashing.
Now, as to my progress so far:
I've rooted it with towelroot and installed ES FileManager, SuperSU, and I've tried to install Xposed/HDXposed multiple times but it simply will not work correctly. Xposed gives me a white screen when I go into any of the menus and doesn't allow me to install after clicking "Framework". I've tried many different renditions of Gapps packages, but almost all of them result in a process failing or stopping.
Thanks and if you need more information or I've left something out, feel free to ask away!
b1nary
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire