I recently received Acer Iconia A500 with stock 4.0.3 ROM (unrooted). I'd like to have root, flash recovery (prefer TWRP-like recoveries) and custom ROM (OmniROM 5.1.1 to get apps like MS Office/Word which 4.0.3 does not support). I've done a lot of background research on this matter but I'm really lost. There seem to be so many different methods of achieving this and none of them are written so that an unexperienced person (and I flash recoveries and custom ROMs many times a week to my Samsung phones) could completely understand what they do. There seem to be other problems as well such as dead links to installation files or executables that are problematic in Win8/10 environments (giving errors like 'install .NET 2.0 framework').
So here's what I currently understand. I get that I first need to root the A500 and that many rooting methods also unlock the bootloader (those are not familiar to me) and add an older recovery which then can be used to flash a newer recovery (with which I can flash ROM and GAPPS zips). I'vet got my ACER CPUID (used ES Explorer app to find it) and my SBK. I've copied zips and MD5s of OmniROM 5.1.1 V11 ROM, its GAPPS and TWRP based recovery REV2.0 beta4 to a MicroSD card which is inside the A500. I've got USB Debugging (and unknown sources) on.
Could someone please give me a good step-by-step guide with working links which describes how can I get from the current state of A500 (stock 4.0.3, unrooted, factory reset made) to the point where I can start flashing zips of recoveries and ROMs (which I know how to do)? I realize that this is an older device but for someone who has spent many hours within the last few days browsing XDA, Tegraforums and other places for information, there seem to be many A500-owners who still in 2015 are doing their first rooting and flashing experiments.
Please help!
So here's what I currently understand. I get that I first need to root the A500 and that many rooting methods also unlock the bootloader (those are not familiar to me) and add an older recovery which then can be used to flash a newer recovery (with which I can flash ROM and GAPPS zips). I'vet got my ACER CPUID (used ES Explorer app to find it) and my SBK. I've copied zips and MD5s of OmniROM 5.1.1 V11 ROM, its GAPPS and TWRP based recovery REV2.0 beta4 to a MicroSD card which is inside the A500. I've got USB Debugging (and unknown sources) on.
Could someone please give me a good step-by-step guide with working links which describes how can I get from the current state of A500 (stock 4.0.3, unrooted, factory reset made) to the point where I can start flashing zips of recoveries and ROMs (which I know how to do)? I realize that this is an older device but for someone who has spent many hours within the last few days browsing XDA, Tegraforums and other places for information, there seem to be many A500-owners who still in 2015 are doing their first rooting and flashing experiments.
Please help!
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire