TL;DR Is there a way to ABORT the OF1 update if it's already set to install on boot?
From these forums I learned that we want to prevent OF1 if we want to root. I had tried Kingroot app once and it failed so I was waiting until I could figure it out. Meanwhile, I was getting the stupid nag screen over and over. For days I avoided it but last night somehow I must have touched the screen while the phone was in my pocket. I pulled it out at one point and saw, to my horror, that it was in the recovery/install screen. It says "initializing system update" with the little green android robot. So, I pulled the battery and the phone has been off since.
I"m not an advanced hack-user, but I've been a IT guy so if there is a method, I MIGHT be able to execute instructions. But, I think I know enough to know that it's pretty unlikely I can fix this easily. I don't really under how phone boot, but I assume this is a pretty deep system level thing, like the boot sector on a Windows PC. I ignorantly guess maybe it can be done through the ADB interface? Somehow UNset the "boot into recovery" and then remove or otherwise disable the update package? When I say that, I might sound like I know what I am ttalking about but really I have no idea what that would really involve, it might be over my head.
I really only want root (for now) so that I can use Titanium Backup, and other root-dependent apps. SOMEday I might want to ROM this, but that's not key.
I guess if I can't find a solution soon, and I really need my phone, I'll have to let the install finish and I'll have OF1. Then I'll wait to see if/when a root comes. *sigh*
I wish I could have figured out how to disable to the OTA before this happened. But, doesn't freesing apps require Titanium which requires root? Yeah, carriage and horse problem.
Thanks in advance.
From these forums I learned that we want to prevent OF1 if we want to root. I had tried Kingroot app once and it failed so I was waiting until I could figure it out. Meanwhile, I was getting the stupid nag screen over and over. For days I avoided it but last night somehow I must have touched the screen while the phone was in my pocket. I pulled it out at one point and saw, to my horror, that it was in the recovery/install screen. It says "initializing system update" with the little green android robot. So, I pulled the battery and the phone has been off since.
I"m not an advanced hack-user, but I've been a IT guy so if there is a method, I MIGHT be able to execute instructions. But, I think I know enough to know that it's pretty unlikely I can fix this easily. I don't really under how phone boot, but I assume this is a pretty deep system level thing, like the boot sector on a Windows PC. I ignorantly guess maybe it can be done through the ADB interface? Somehow UNset the "boot into recovery" and then remove or otherwise disable the update package? When I say that, I might sound like I know what I am ttalking about but really I have no idea what that would really involve, it might be over my head.
I really only want root (for now) so that I can use Titanium Backup, and other root-dependent apps. SOMEday I might want to ROM this, but that's not key.
I guess if I can't find a solution soon, and I really need my phone, I'll have to let the install finish and I'll have OF1. Then I'll wait to see if/when a root comes. *sigh*
I wish I could have figured out how to disable to the OTA before this happened. But, doesn't freesing apps require Titanium which requires root? Yeah, carriage and horse problem.
Thanks in advance.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire