I just had a eye-opening moment. It's nothing new, but I suddenly appreciated how big of a deal this is. Here's a conversation that happened just a few moments ago.
mom: Isn't there some app for craigslist so I don't have to go to the site every time?
me: Yeah ma, lemme show ya *navigates to market*
*we find one that looks nice and click install*
mom: access to "all your pictures and videos"???
me: oh.. well.. this craigslist app needs that so it can upload pictures to craigslist
mom: "how do i know?"
me: ...*doesn't know what to say
man theres gotta be a deeper way to see exactly what an app has permissions to do or not to do. How can I tell my mom an app isn't stealing her pictures when it asks for permissions over them..
I'm curious to hear what others think about this topic, and the Android permissions system overall?
mom: Isn't there some app for craigslist so I don't have to go to the site every time?
me: Yeah ma, lemme show ya *navigates to market*
*we find one that looks nice and click install*
mom: access to "all your pictures and videos"???
me: oh.. well.. this craigslist app needs that so it can upload pictures to craigslist
mom: "how do i know?"
me: ...*doesn't know what to say
man theres gotta be a deeper way to see exactly what an app has permissions to do or not to do. How can I tell my mom an app isn't stealing her pictures when it asks for permissions over them..
I'm curious to hear what others think about this topic, and the Android permissions system overall?
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire